Monday, May 11, 2015

Influenster Blossom Box

I am super excited that I received a VoxBox from Influenster this month! I love to try out new products so is there anything better than a complimentary box of goodies arriving at my doorstep?! Nope! A definite bonus is that my hubby *loved* the word "FREE" vs. "look what I bought!" Ha! I am not exactly sure what qualifies a reviewer for receiving this box, I just leave reviews on products on their site. Too many people seem to just "love" everything they try, which may or may not be true, but since I question everything I definitely read a lot of reviews prior to purchasing something. So, I am a big supporter of reviews - honest reviews.

Anyway, I believe they have two boxes out at the moment and of the two I received the Blossom box - a mix of beauty and food. I couldn't be more thrilled with the variety of items in the box - they suit my household perfectly. 



Beanitos - What great luck that this arrived just when I made some salsa. They are made to go together! I think these chips are good. They aren't as crunchy as potato chips, but they definitely satisfy my salty and crunchy craving while providing protein and fiber. The bag was pretty smooshed, so it was eating bits more than chips, but tasty nonetheless. I have only tried the sea salt, but look forward to tasting the Chipotle BBQ (my fav chip flavor is BBQ and we are spicy fans in this house).

Bear Naked - Granola! Yes, please! I have heard of this brand, but I haven't tried it. I am a granola and yogurt fanatic so this will definitely make it into my lunch plans very soon. I hope this is readily available at Whole Foods or regular market since that is where I do my regular shopping.

Zero Pasta - I have seen this product written about before and I am a total skeptic regarding its potential to replace or even satisfy my urge for pasta. I mean seriously if it was so amazing I feel like EVERYONE would be talking about it. We shall see how this works out later in the week. My mom was very intrigued as well, so I have already purchased a bag at my local grocery store for her to try as well.
Note: it says on the package it must be refrigerated, which it wasn't when I received it. I reached out to the company and they confirmed it is perfectly OK to eat and doesn't require refrigeration.  

Australian Gold - I have loved this particular brand of SPF for about 10 years! My sister and her husband went to Australia around 2005 and brought it back - raving it was the best and they were right. Smells amazing, absorbs well into the skin and doesn't leave a sticky film. This is 100% a hit with me and it will definitely be heading to the shore with me next month.

Clairol Hair Food - I received another one of the products in this line from a Target box and I love it (a hair mask), so I am very excited to try this shampoo. For now all I can say is that is smells AWESOME and it will be next up in my shampoo rotation. The great thing about this is that it's paraben free which protects the color processing done to my hair; however, I am a little weary as I have found paraben free shampoos don't later as well and I have a lot of hair so I really need that soap to lather up to make it through my thick locks. Fingers crossed! It is also silicone free and mineral oil free. 
I think it is odd that I can't find a site for this product, so I have used the Target link since that is where I would purchase it anyway.

NYC Eyeshadow Pencil - This is provided in the shade 605 - Brooklyn Mocha. It is a waterproof eyeshadow pencil. I really like the bronzy neutral for summer. It is creamy and it seems to actually be crease-proof and waterproof with a primer, I never go without a primer. I tend to have more of an oily skin profile so things easily wear off on me, this seems to last. While I do prefer using a brush to using a pencil to apply eye products, I like that this is easy to pack and travel with so I will likely try out more colors since it is so inexpensive.

Airbrush Legs - This is the item I am least excited about because self tanners always have that awful self tanner smell and they never seem to apply evenly - especially on the hands, you can always tell on the hands. So while this is for legs, I am hoping that it works out and I don't turn out an orangey mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment