Monday, May 25, 2015

Color Lock Lipstick - BH Cosmetics


I feel like I never hear anything about these lipsticks from BH Cosmetics, which is a total shame because they have to be some of my most favorite! On a whim I purchased one color last fall from HauteLook and ever since then it is a consistent go-to color for me and one that I often receive compliments on. These are most like the creamy matte lipsticks from Maybelline that everyone is gaga over - including myself, Touch of Spice is simply incredible (if you do not have it, climb out from under that rock and get thee to Target ASAP! :-)). However, while they do last longer than other lipsticks they are not super long lasting. Enter Color Lock from BH Cosmetics. They are not at all kidding - they lock on and last much longer than any lipstick I have ever purchased (even better than some of the liquid lipsticks I own), while still being super creamy in application and soft on the lips. I do not find them drying at all, but I do exfoliate my lips every other day and use heavy lip balm every night.


They are richly pigmented, apply evenly and last all day. While, I almost always use lip liners with any lip product these do not bleed so it isn't a requirement; old habits just die hard for me. I have no trouble whatsoever getting though the day (8-10+ hours chatting/eating/drinking) with minimal touch-up. The formula (on all colors) is very forgiving in how it wears away - very evenly - which makes it easy to do minor touch-ups without it getting gritty or cakey. At the end of the day I do use my trusty olive oil to remove them, as I do with most long-wear lip products; however, I think that most make-up removers will take them off. I just prefer the olive oil for lip products since it's faster, easier, no concerns about chemicals getting in my mouth (ICK) and earth friendly. 


Sadly, they were out of stock for a lot of the colors for several months, but I faithfully checked each month and FINALLY they have all returned and I purchased 5 more! There are only 12 colors in this particular line, but I own half of the colors and I love all of them. I hope that they will add more shades in the future! If you are looking for a seriously long-lasting creamy matte I would definitely recommend picking these up. Normally they are $8.95, but currently they are on sale for $5 - YAY for awesome pricing!! BH Cosmetics often has online sales and I recommend always checking back in case they aren't on sale at first glance. Also watch out for this brand to come around on HauteLook, they always have a good deal!

Another important thing to note about this company is that they do not test on animals.

From their website:
Lock in the color of your lipstick with this rich and creamy, long-wearing matte lipstick. Bold pigments stay in place all day while Shea Butter nourishes skin for soft and beautiful lips.

Features & Benefits

  • Shea Butter for Hydration
  • Vitamin E for Anti-oxidant Protection
  • Clinically Tested
  • Non-Irritating
  • Allergy Tested
 

No comments:

Post a Comment