Monday, May 11, 2015

Cleansing Water - What huh?


One of my favorite YouTuber's MrsLolaLynn recently reviewed this Micellar Cleansing Water from Simple Skincare on her channel. I was intrigued, so I added it to my "to-buy" list that I keep on my phone. On a whirlwind shopping trip with my bestie, I saw it on the shelf in Walmart and remembered I wanted to try it and at $6 I snatched it up and hoped for the best. 

Though intrigued, I was also skeptical - cleansing water? Um, I'm already using the stuff I pay for out of the tap to cleanse. Right? The ingredient list is definitely more than water. "Triple Purified Water: Our purest possible water to minimize potential for irritation from particles or contaminants that can irritate skin. Vitamin B3: Known to restore, soften and smooth skin. It's especially great for those with dry skin. Vitamin C: A water soluble antioxidant vitamin for skin. Hexylene Glycol: Helps dissolve makeup and kindly conditions the skin".  Ok. So what do those things do? "Made with triple purified water and skin-loving ingredients, Simple Micellar Cleansing Water gently removes make-up while instantly hydrating the skin, no rinse required." Interesting. Sounds good - let's do this! (OK, honestly, I did more research than just looking at their site; but for a lay-person like myself it seems as though these ingredients will be alright with my sensitive skin so I wanted to give it a try.)


Fast forward - 6 weeks later. I am very surprised to find that this cleansing water seems to actually provide visible results for me. Now, to clarify, I do NOT use this for makeup removal. It doesn't seem to work that successfully for straight removal for me; however, after I wash my face I use this product on a cotton pad to remove any residual product and then I use my coveted Peach Sake Toner. I was honestly surprised to find that there was residual makeup/oil AFTER having washed my face. With this extra level of cleansing I also believe my toner is working even better, which makes my pores and overall skin happy. I also like this product for refreshing my skin post work-out, yard work or anytime my skin has perspired or needs a bit of cleaning and renewing from the day's activities. It makes my skin feel clean and wonderful and definitely hydrated without feeling any residual product or texture on my face. 

This has definitely become a holy grail for my skin and I plan to find a small travel sized bottle to put some of the water in to make it more conducive for traveling since this bottle is too large for my usual cosmetic case.

My rating scale for anything is always simple (no pun intended) - "Yes, Please! or NO! Thank you." and this definitely falls into the "Yes, Please!" category. I will absolutely repurchase this and tell everyone I know to purchase it - ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment