Wednesday, March 2, 2016

New Champion C9 Sports Bras





Ahhhh the joy of sports bras - the eternal search for the best uni-boob support! Haha! There are a ton of different styles, but the aim is the same - keep "the girls" firmly under wraps so you can run for your life, downward-facing dog until you're happy or crossfit like a boss! Ok - I do none of those things :) I can't seriously run due to a knee injury, I look like plump Gumby gone wrong with yoga and crossfit is for serious people - people who like to tell you how much they love crossfit and how much YOU will love crossfit someday (haha!). I am just a humble average gal who wants to be healthier and more fit, but struggles on the daily with things that are more fun like Netflix binge watching, paper crafting, donuts and sleeping in whenever possible, etc. However, we have a small home gym: treadmill, rowing machine and weights. I am a power walker with intermixed bursts of sprints and the rowing machine helps with arms and core. And weights are, well, weights - mainly a little strength training for me. Alllllllllllll this long windedness to say I am looking for support, but nothing too intense because my workouts are pretty simple. I am not ample chested, an overfull B to under filled C - I did *not* inherit my mother's lovely genetics in that department - I am curvy and tall, not in the slightest petite. So given the lower intensity of my workouts and my body design this is how I feel about the two bras made by Champion that I picked up at a discounted price courtesy of Influenster at Target to test out.


I picked this bra because it was more like an actual bra vs. the typical uni-boob compression bra. I have never had a sports bra like this and, while I was wary, I wanted to try something different to see if it something I would prefer more. 

I did not. :) 

This bra is, for me, is WHY I buy *other* bras to work out it. It is super padded and structured, it needs to be since there isn't a wire. I felt too buxom in it, my breasts felt in the way of what I was doing. Never mind that I kept thinking about it the whole time I was working out (every joking comment I had ever heard about boobs giving a girl two black eyes popped into my head - cringe!), which kept me from focusing on what I was doing. I also do not like the hook-and-eye strap in the back. I could feel it - pronounced feel it - depending on how I was stretching, bending or moving. The wicking fabric does its job and I am not soaked post work out and I really like the pattern.

This style may be great for some, but it just isn't for me. It is too stylin' and profilin' for my workouts.


I picked this bra because it was more like the typical uni-boob (this is NOT a bad thing in my eyes) compression bra that I am used to and I like to have things in my comfort zone in case experiments go awry. 

Which it did. Totally did. 

Thank goodness for my forethought to grab two! This style of bra is me, my comfort zone, my happy place. I prefer to not feel so buxom, rather more controlled in the chest area. I like the minimizing effect and that my breasts were the last thing on my mind.  It was comfortable and again the wicking fabric did its job. I think the style is super cute - I really liked the dual patterns (pebbles/stripes) on this one. However, I wish they had made the band around the torso come down a little further. I think it provides more comfort and better support, without detracting from the style.



No comments:

Post a Comment